Mrs Hearle's Update
Please see Health Information for the latest information about our safety measures in school, and our revised Risk Assessment, following the emergence of the Omicron variant of COVID-19 in the UK. From Tuesday, staff, students, and visitors to the school, will be required to wear face coverings in communal areas.
Update to parents and carers – 29th November 2021
Following the emergence of the Omicron variant of COVID-19 in the UK, the government have asked schools to put in place some additional safety measures:
- From Tuesday 30th November 2021, staff, students and visitors should return to wearing face coverings in communal areas (corridors, dining room, main hall), unless they are exempt.
- Students must continue to wear face coverings on school transport, unless they are exempt.
- Please continue with your twice-weekly LFD testing routine at home (a test on a Sunday evening or Monday morning is particularly helpful).
- Contact tracing and isolation rules stay the same, with the addition that close contacts of the Omicron variant will be asked to isolate for 10 days, regardless of vaccination status or age. You will be contacted directly by the NHS and told to isolate.
- We are being encouraged to take up the offer of the vaccine, including boosters https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination/
- When we return to school after the Christmas break, we have been instructed to carry out mass LFD testing with all students, once again. We have been told that we only need to carry out one test. Please contact me directly, should you not wish your child to undertake this test. I would ask that your child takes an LFD test at home on Tuesday 4th January, the day before returning to school on the Wednesday.
Thank you for your continued support with these measures; case numbers remain low in school, with just three positive cases reported in the last 7 days.
Kind regards, Paula Hearle
- RISK ASSESSMENT - LCES - Operating school following the emergence of the Omicron variant of COVID from 30 November 2021.pdf (946KB pdf file)
- Update to parents and carers on Friday 12th November 2021.pdf (524KB pdf file)
- Student Guide to Remote Learning (523KB pdf file)
- Live Tutor Time Sessions - Student Guide.pdf (308KB pdf file)
- Healios and the ThinkNinja app.pdf (4.5MB pdf file)
- COVID 19 Useful Contacts from Shropshire Council (717KB pdf file)
- Looking after your mental health during COVID19 Shropshire Council (768KB pdf file)
- BEAM GUIDE - Social Anxiety (761KB pdf file)
- BEAM GUIDE reassurance seeking behaviour (1.8MB pdf file)
- CONNECT WITH BEAM FLYER (205KB pdf file)
- Bereavement Poster (203KB pdf file)
- Financial help poster Nov20 (425KB pdf file)
- Food help poster Nov20 (422KB pdf file)
- Mental Health poster Nov20 (426KB pdf file)
- How_to_do_your_test_COVID_19_instruction_leaflet_for_schools V2.pdf (560KB pdf file)
- Remote education tips for Parents.pdf (421KB pdf file)
- Remote Learning Provision - Information for Parents and Carers.pdf (562KB pdf file)
- Home Testing.pdf (1.4MB pdf file)
- Privacy Notice.pdf (139KB pdf file)