Virtual Open Evening
Ludlow CE School - Open Evening - move to a virtual event Following a discussion with Shropshire Headteachers, we have made the decision to cancel the Open Evening as a live, face-to-face event, next Wednesday 29th September. Although our number of Covid-19 cases is currently not high in number, the local community (and upper KS2 children, particularly) have higher numbers, and so it is not in anyone's best interests to host an evening that could become a "super spreader" event. We will hold a virtual event from 1st October, on our school website: www.ludlowschool.com We are very disappointed that our Open Evening cannot take place as planned, but we have taken this decision in, what we believe to be, the best interests of the wellbeing of the school and the community. Please do contact the school with any queries. Many thanks, Paula Hearle
I have a number of updates for you today.
The most important of these updates, is the news that the NHS are carrying our Covid-19 vaccinations for Ludlow School students next Friday, 1st October. Your child will be bringing home a letter and consent form, today, but I have also attached it with this message for ease of reference. The NHS letter explains why and how the vaccine will be administered, by a large team of NHS staff.
The vaccination is for 12 to 15-year-olds. We have posted home letters to the sixteen children in Year 7, who will have turned 12 years old by 1st October. Students who are 11 years old are not eligible for the vaccination, and so parents/carers will not receive a letter. You can access a vaccination through your GP once your child has turned 12.
For Year 11 students who are already 16, you can still be vaccinated at school, if you have not already had the vaccination through a walk-through clinic.
If you child has had Covid-19, they should wait 28 days after a positive PCR test to have their first dose of the vaccine. Please do not return the consent form if your child is not able to be vaccinated with us on 1st October.
If you wish you child to have the vaccination, please send the form back into school by Wednesday 29th September, at the latest.
Due to this vaccination programme, we will not be able to run the practice D of E expedition next Friday, as we would not want children to be away from home immediately after they have been vaccinated. The weekend of 15th and 16th October will be the practice expedition instead, and Mrs Lewis will arrange the final expedition in the Spring, when the evenings are lighter.
Following a discussion with Shropshire Headteachers, we have made the decision to cancel the Open Evening as a live, face-to-face event, next Wednesday 29th September. Although our number of Covid-19 cases is currently not high in number, the local community (and upper KS2 children, particularly) have higher numbers, and so it is not in anyone's best interests to host an evening that could become a "super spreader" event.
We will hold a Virtual Open Event from 1st October, on our school website, under News and Events.
Please continue to test your child twice-weekly with LFD tests at home. This is so important in helping us manage the spread of the virus. We have had positive PCR test results reported to us this week, and some students are isolating for ten days. Work will be emailed from the point of confirmation of the test result, and so your child should be checking their school email account. Please let us know if you have any issues.
We have plenty of home testing kits, please contact Nicole Sampson or the school office, if you require more supplies.
Best wishes, Paula Hearle
- Schools Covid-19 Vaccine Letter & FAQs for Consent FINAL.pdf (431KB pdf file)
- Schools COVID-19 Consent form 12 - 15_16 year olds.pdf (247KB pdf file)
- RISK ASSESSMENT - LCES - Operating school following the relaxation of COVID-19 related measures, in line with Step 4, from 19th July 2021 v4 20 Sept 2021 (950KB pdf file)
- Student Guide to Remote Learning (523KB pdf file)
- Live Tutor Time Sessions - Student Guide.pdf (308KB pdf file)
- Healios and the ThinkNinja app.pdf (4.5MB pdf file)
- COVID 19 Useful Contacts from Shropshire Council (717KB pdf file)
- Looking after your mental health during COVID19 Shropshire Council (768KB pdf file)
- BEAM GUIDE - Social Anxiety (761KB pdf file)
- BEAM GUIDE reassurance seeking behaviour (1.8MB pdf file)
- CONNECT WITH BEAM FLYER (205KB pdf file)
- Bereavement Poster (203KB pdf file)
- Financial help poster Nov20 (425KB pdf file)
- Food help poster Nov20 (422KB pdf file)
- Mental Health poster Nov20 (426KB pdf file)
- How_to_do_your_test_COVID_19_instruction_leaflet_for_schools V2.pdf (560KB pdf file)
- Remote education tips for Parents.pdf (421KB pdf file)
- Remote Learning Provision - Information for Parents and Carers.pdf (562KB pdf file)
- Home Testing.pdf (1.4MB pdf file)
- Privacy Notice.pdf (139KB pdf file)