Change to Year 6 Transition Arrangements and Year 5 Taster Days - Following the government's delaying of the easing of Covid restrictions, we are no longer able to go ahead with the Year 6 Induction Day on 6th July or the Year 5 Taster days on 7th and 8th July. This decision has been taken along with Shropshire Council and all other Shropshire Secondary Headteachers. We are frustrated that our Induction plans have had to be suspended, but also understand the reasons behind the decision to delay lifting restrictions, as we should not be mixing school "bubbles". I will be writing to Year 6 parents/carers and children to explain our transition plans: The first day of the Autumn term - Friday 3rd September - will be for Year 7 and Year 11 students only, to support their transition. Lyn Hughes, Assistant Headteacher and Transition Coordinator, will still be making her visits out to schools to meet Year 6s, and we will send out a video about the school for children to watch with their teachers. We will be inviting parents/carers of Year 6 children to meet their child's tutor in July. This will take place in line with a Risk Assessment and safety measures. Bryn Faulkner, our SENCO, will also be inviting in high needs children, school-by-school, for a bespoke transition visit. Many thanks for your patience, and best wishes, Paula Hearle
Update for parents and carers – 14th May 2021
It seems a while since I have needed to update you on safety protocols in school. This is such good news – it means we have been able to settle into a rhythm of teaching and learning, and the daily routines of school life.
I am pleased to be able to inform you that from Monday 17th May, the government are recommending that students no longer wear face coverings in school. Students travelling on school buses and public transport will still be required to wear face coverings during the journey. Please let me know, should you wish your child to still to wear a face covering in the school building.
We will still need to keep to our other safety protocols around year group bubbles, hand sanitising, more regular cleaning and one-way movement around school. We await the Government’s announcement for step 4, after 21st June, to make further changes.
Please continue to carry out asymptomatic testing with your child twice a week. Please report your result to NHS Track and Trace, and contact me immediately, should there be a positive result.
The updated Risk Assessment is available on the school’s website under Health Information.
Our Year 11 are continuing to work hard on their GCSE assessments. I plan to review their progress with completing evidence, and update students and their families on our plans early next week.
Many thanks for your ongoing support.
- RISK ASSESSMENT - LCES - Operating school for full opening from 8 March 2021 (C19) 15 May 2021.pdf (1MB pdf file)
- Student Guide to Remote Learning (523KB pdf file)
- Live Tutor Time Sessions - Student Guide.pdf (308KB pdf file)
- Healios and the ThinkNinja app.pdf (4.5MB pdf file)
- COVID 19 Useful Contacts from Shropshire Council (717KB pdf file)
- Looking after your mental health during COVID19 Shropshire Council (768KB pdf file)
- BEAM GUIDE - Social Anxiety (761KB pdf file)
- BEAM GUIDE reassurance seeking behaviour (1.8MB pdf file)
- CONNECT WITH BEAM FLYER (205KB pdf file)
- Bereavement Poster (203KB pdf file)
- Financial help poster Nov20 (425KB pdf file)
- Food help poster Nov20 (422KB pdf file)
- Mental Health poster Nov20 (426KB pdf file)
- How_to_do_your_test_COVID_19_instruction_leaflet_for_schools V2.pdf (560KB pdf file)
- Remote education tips for Parents.pdf (421KB pdf file)
- Remote Learning Provision - Information for Parents and Carers.pdf (562KB pdf file)
- Home Testing.pdf (1.4MB pdf file)
- Privacy Notice.pdf (139KB pdf file)