Update regarding Year 10 face-to-face provision: Following the Prime Minister’s announcement on Sunday evening, we have revised our plans around Year 10 in-school provision. This will now start of Monday 15th June. A single House will attend school each day, in alphabetical order – St Giles on Mondays, St John on Tuesdays, St Laurence on Wednesdays, and St Peter on Thursdays. I will be in contact with further information next week. In-school provision for the children of critical workers and more vulnerable children will continue on 1st June, as previously planned. These students can wear non-uniform for the first two weeks, until Year 10 join us.
Headteacher’s Update 15th May 2020
The Government’s publication of their roadmap to bring us out of national lockdown has kept us busy in school this week. We have been planning how we can facilitate a wider opening of school after the half-term break, to offer some face-to-face learning to Year 10 students, in a safe and effective way. In sharing our plans with you, I need to stress that this is provisional, and subject to change in light of any development in the coronavirus pandemic, scientific advice, or following consultation with professional bodies.
We will continue with our home-learning provision for all students in Years 7 to 10, alongside in-school provision for vulnerable children and the children of critical workers; there will be no change to these arrangements.
- Home-learning: next week, we begin week 1 of the two-week timetable again.
- In-school provision for children of key workers: this will continue next week across five days. Please email Phil Poulton, should you need you child to attend school on any of the days at email@example.com. After the half-term break, students must come into school wearing full school uniform, and bring in their own equipment.
- Year 10 face-to-face provision: we intend to divide the year group in half; students in St Giles and St John will attend school on Wednesdays each week; students in St Laurence and St Peter will come into school on Thursdays. With only half the number of children in school, we will be able to implement protective measures more effectively. This will begin on Wednesday 3rd June, for St Giles and St John students, and Thursday 4th June for St Laurence and St Peter students. As a matter of urgency, could parents/carers of students in Year 10, email to let us know if you intend sending your child into school for the day-a-week teaching. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org giving your child’s name and House, saying YES or NO to attending school on the single day per week. Students will need to wear full school uniform, and bring their own equipment. Please see the linked document for full details of how this provision will be organised.
We will be closed for the half-term week, as we will finally be moving into our new building. With our Ofsted report being published on their website this week, the finishing touches being put to our new building, and some sign that students will be able to join us again, there are some positives for us during these challenging times. I hope you are all well, and steering a safe path along Mr Johnson’s roadmap.
My very best wishes, Paula Hearle
- Letter from Karen Bradshaw.pdf (170KB pdf file)
- Year 10 Face to Face Provision.pdf (545KB pdf file)
- Healios and the ThinkNinja app.pdf (4.5MB pdf file)
- Shropshire Community Health Trust.pdf (4.4MB pdf file)
- School Closure and arrangements for Alternative Provision (77KB pdf file)
- COVID 19 Useful Contacts from Shropshire Council (717KB pdf file)
- COVID 19 Information and Advice from Shropshire Council (1.1MB pdf file)
- Looking after your mental health during COVID19 Shropshire Council (768KB pdf file)
- BEAM GUIDE - Social Anxiety (761KB pdf file)
- BEAM GUIDE reassurance seeking behaviour (1.8MB pdf file)
- CONNECT WITH BEAM FLYER (205KB pdf file)