Mrs Hearle's Update
Please see Health Information for the latest information about our safety measures in school, and our revised Risk Assessment, following the emergence of the Omicron variant of COVID-19 in the UK. From Tuesday, staff, students, and visitors to the school, will be required to wear face coverings in communal areas.
The majority of GCSE exams (or equivalent qualifications) are taken at the end of Year 11, although we are also offer GCSE Media Studies to some Year 9 students.
Mock examinations for Year 11 students take place in December, with some further mocks in March each year. The whole school sits summer examinations, once the GCSE exams are completed in June.
The government have announced that GCSE examinations will go ahead in Summer 2022, with adaptations around course content in some subjects, and advance information on the focus of exams in others. There will also be formula sheets provided in maths and science. Full details can be found at: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/adaptations-in-2022-summer-examsto-ensure-fairness-for-students
- Exams Policy (237KB pdf file)
- Appeals Policy (271KB pdf file)
- IFC-On-Screen_Examinations_2021_v3 (142KB pdf file)
- IFC-Written_Examinations_2021_v5 (143KB pdf file)
- IFC-Coursework_Assessments_2021_v4 (139KB pdf file)
- IFC-NE_Assessments_2021_v4 (125KB pdf file)
- Summer 2022 Main Exam Timetable provisional.pdf (429KB pdf file)
- Year 11 Mocks Dec Exams 2021.pdf (221KB pdf file)