Mrs Hearle's update for 19th July - please see our Health Information page for our latest information, as we move to Step 4 out of lockdown on Monday 19th June.
The majority of GCSE exams (or equivalent qualifications) are taken at the end of Year 11, although we are also offer GCSE Media Studies to some Year 9 students.
Mock examinations for Year 11 students take place in December, with some further mocks in March each year. The whole school sits summer examinations, once the GCSE exams are completed in June.
April Update 2021: How will GCSE grades be awarded this summer?
Grades for GCSEs and equivalent qualifications in Summer 2021 will be based on a process involving teacher assessment against national standards, internal quality assurance, and external quality assurance by the exam boards.
Further to my communication in March, outlining the process, I am now able to share with you our Centre Policy for GCSEs in Summer 2021, and JCQ guidance for students and parents on Summer 2021. Please do email me with any questions you have.
Year 11 students have six weeks ahead of them to perform as well as they can on class assessments. My advice to them is to remain focused and work hard: #controlthecontrollables.
Best wishes and thank you for your support.
- Ludlow CE School 29100 Summer 2021 Centre Policy - April 2021 (1016KB pdf file)
- JCQ-Guidance-for-Students-and-Parents-on-Summer-2021 (974KB pdf file)
- Exams Policy (237KB pdf file)
- Appeals Policy (271KB pdf file)
- Controlled Assessment Policy (257KB pdf file)
- Disability and Discrimination Policy (280KB pdf file)
- Information for Candidates - Non-Examination Assessments (45KB pdf file)
- Information for Candidates - On Screen Tests (36KB pdf file)
- Information for Candidates - Privacy Notice (92KB pdf file)
- Information for Candidates - Written Exams (37KB pdf file)
- Information for Candidates - Coursework Assessments (45KB pdf file)
- Word Processing Policy 2020.pdf (432KB pdf file)