Key Stage 4
12 hours in Year 10
12 hours in Year 11
Relationship and Sex Education is lifelong learning about moral and emotional development. It is about the understanding of the importance of marriage, stable and loving relationships, respect, love and care. It involves the teaching of sex, sexuality and sexual health (including awareness of Child Sexual Exploitation, Sexting and Consent). It is not about the promotion of sexual identity or sexual activity.
The delivery of RSE follows the Shropshire Respect Yourself RSE programme.
RSE contains 3 elements:
- Accessible, age appropriate information
- Development and clarification of attitudes and values
- Development of personal and social skills
RSE is a non-assessed subject but it has clear outcomes:
- Skill development
- Decision making and self-esteem
- Knowledge on rights in sexual and non-sexual relationships
Further information from Mrs L Hughes