English Teacher; Science Teacher - Details can be found under Vacancies
Health & Social
BTEC Award Level 1/Level2
Examination Board: The Pearson BTEC Level 1/Level2 Tech Award in Health and Social Care is for learners who wish to acquire knowledge, understanding and technical skills through vocational contexts.
Components 1 and 2 are assessed internally and focus on:
- Knowledge and understanding of human growth and development
- Knowledge and understanding of how people deal with major life events
- Knowledge and understanding of health and social care services
- Practical demonstration of care values, together with the ability to reflect on own performance
Component 3 is externally assessed and requires learners to study health and wellbeing. Students have to assess an individual’s health and wellbeing and create a health and wellbeing improvement plan.
The external assessment takes the form of a set task taken under supervised conditions that is marked and a grade awarded by Pearson.
What can the qualification lead to?
Learners who achieve a level 2 might consider progression to:
- A Levels.
- Level 3 BTEC National in Health and Social Care, which prepares learners to enter employment or apprenticeships, or to move on to higher education by studying a degree in aspects of health or social care.
Learners who achieve level 1 might consider progression to:
- Study Level 2 at post-16 education in a range of technical routes designed to lead to work.
- Study of health and social care post-16 through technical certificate which can lead to employment in health or social care.
Further information from Mrs L Hughes