Mrs Hearle's Update
Please see Health Information for the latest information about our safety measures in school, and our revised Risk Assessment, following the emergence of the Omicron variant of COVID-19 in the UK. From Tuesday, staff, students, and visitors to the school, will be required to wear face coverings in communal areas.
Our on-site catering facilities provide food and drinks for our students before school, at morning break and at lunchtimes. Students are welcome to bring their own packed lunch, but a full service is available in the dining room. Hot meals, desserts, and vegetarian options, are available every day, and there is a full deli-range, offering wraps, sandwiches, salads and fruit.
When your child joins us, you will receive a letter giving details of our online payment system and an optional biometric registration for the dining room. This allows your child to purchase food from the dining room, without any money being physically exchanged. You are also able to manage your account so that you can set a fixed amount that your child can spend each day, give you an alert when the account need topping-up, and also keep track of the food that your child is purchasing. Until this registration is set up, students are welcome to pay for meals by cash. There is also the facility to continue to use cash, should you prefer.
Families who receive certain benefits may be eligible for Free School Meals. If you are in receipt of one or more of the following benefits, you may qualify:
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance.
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
For further information for applying for Free School Meals, please click on Related Links.