Update regarding Year 10 face-to-face provision: Following the Prime Minister’s announcement on Sunday evening, we have revised our plans around Year 10 in-school provision. This will now start of Monday 15th June. A single House will attend school each day, in alphabetical order – St Giles on Mondays, St John on Tuesdays, St Laurence on Wednesdays, and St Peter on Thursdays. I will be in contact with further information next week. In-school provision for the children of critical workers and more vulnerable children will continue on 1st June, as previously planned. These students can wear non-uniform for the first two weeks, until Year 10 join us.
The Governing Body has a strategic role in the management of the school, and its responsibilities include:
- To set the vision and strategic direction of the school
- Hold the Headteacher to account for the school’s educational performance
- To ensure financial resources are well spent
- To ensure statutory duties are met and priorities approved
The work of the Governing Body has been validated by Ofsted (October 2015), who stated that the governance of the school:
- is committed to the school’s vision of success for each student
- plays an important and very effective part in helping leaders to drive the school forward
- is forensic in its analysis of school data and rigorous in its challenge to school leaders
- is meticulous in its monitoring of how the school uses its funding
Undoubtedly, the impact of the Governing Body was a significant factor in the school being judged to be Good, with outstanding features, as well as receiving a judgement of Good, in the SIAMS inspection of May 2017.