Welcome to our Virtual Open Evening - Menu>News and Events
Supporting your child at Ludlow School
- Always make sure your child attends regularly, arrives on time and wears the correct uniform
- Keep in touch with school and attend meetings
- You will be sent progress updates each term, a full annual report and an invitation to an annual Parents’ Evening
- If you are concerned about your child’s progress at any time, please contact the tutor; a daily report can be issued and you will receive feedback about issues like work-quality, behaviour and homework each evening
- If you have any issues that worry you, please contact the tutor earlier rather than later; if we don’t know about it, we can’t deal with it
- Ask for letters and complete reply slips as quickly as possible; the Headteacher sends out a newsletter once every half term; you can have these emailed to you if you would prefer; just let us know; you can also check the school website for information
- If there are important changes in your child's life, please let his/her tutor know (medical problems, home circumstances, changes to contact details)
- Find out what sort of day your child has had at school; ask about what they have done, what went well? And if there have been any problems?
- Ask about homework and check the planner; you can communicate with any teacher by writing a note in the planner; in this, you will find merit stickers for good work and attitude to learning and any demerit stamps and detentions for things that have concerned a teacher, like poor organisation, a poor standard of work, or no homework; this helps you keep track on a day-to-day basis.
- Encourage reading and give help if needed; reading remains the single most important skill that will make a difference to grades achieved
- Encourage your child to take part in extra-curricular activities